Top technology blog Mashable has recently defined its top ten areas to watch for the rest of the year.
Below are the summaries of different spaces for developments and growth across the technology industry, some previously referenced by us but others not – take a look and see if you agree!
- Touch Computing – The development of Windows 8 and MAC OSX Lion will aid touch computing, bringing it to a desktop environment.
- Social Gestures – Facebook, Twitter and Spotify will enhance the social media experience, enabling us to share, reference, endorse and recommend our favourite things.
- NFC and Mobile Payments - Near field communications is an application that is installed to a mobile phone, Oyster-style touch payments could be the future.
- Beyond the iPad – Improving the visuals of reading and watching movies online - 3D anyone?
- TV Everywhere – Cable companies will help you watch live TV, plus on demand movies and TV shows on connected devices.
- Voice Control – The novelty of Siri on an iPhone 4S will allow you to send text messages and create reminders via the web by using your voice.
- Spatial Gestures – Microsoft Kinect will allow you to make spatial interfaces, meaning that technology is controlled by simply waving your hand in front of it, let alone talking to it!
- Second screen experiences - Referring to applications on the iPad that listen to the audio output of your TV and display content related to a movie.
- Flexible screens – Companies are developing bendable screens that will allow the consumer to zoom in and out and scroll around a page by twisting a phone or tablet.
- HTML 5 – The 5th iteration of the HTML standard, allowing developers to create more innovative applications on videos or mobiles.
Which technology development are you most excited by?